REAL TALK TIME. When I am in NY I wake up lonely for Roy, my cats and my office (and Denver... because Denver is AWESOME). When I wake up in CO I'm lonely for my family, life long friends and the dark humor of the Northeast. This morning was one of those mornings.
I woke up pretty sad, and unmotivated. The to-do list was long. I wanted to jump right in. But. There was also this dust bunny that needed to be swept, and my luggage that needed to be unpacked, and well, I should probably brush my hair.
It was a wrong-side-of-the-bed-wondering-if-I-was-making-good-career-choices-spilled-my-tea kind of morning. #iKnowiKnowfirstworldproblems
Then the door knocked. It was the UPS man and he had a delivery of flowers. MY FAVORITE FLOWERS. With a note full of gratitude. It couldn't have come at a more perfect time. I put them in water and I watched them LITERALLY bloom from tight little balls to colorful flowers. Holy dang. What a wonderful gift I had received and with words full of the love I needed at that exact moment. I felt so so so so thankful, and full of energy for the day!
It made me realize how important being full of gratitude is. It literally changes your body and mind! It's as effective as a morning cup of coffee to rejuvenate lost motivation.
So with that. I think it's time to kick off something I've been planning on doing (and just didn't do it). My weekly Grateful 8:
1. Flower Delivery. Heck yes. Sending and receiving a colorful little reminder of life is what it's all about. Nothing better to energize your work space then with some plants!
2. Coffee Shops. This will probably show up again and again. There is nothing like caffeine + desk space when you are on the road working! They can make working out of a backpack feel a little more sane. This was at Super Merchandise Co.
3. Adventurous Brides. I mean. She climbed two ladders in heels to play on a roof top.
4. Brunch. Hello it's brunch. I don't need to explain. It's even better with a new friend. This was at Syrup!
5. This Candle. Bought at Meek Vintage. It brought on entrepnuerial talks and high fives. It also made my house smell like a flipping spa yesthankyouverymuch.
6. Betsy and Mitch. My family. My sister and brother (in law, but like really world get over it he is my brother). They cook for me every time I am there and assure me it's not my fault their cat hates me. They rock. I love their rude faces in this one.
7. Dessert. HELLO DUH! If I need to explain why I love dessert, then we might need to have that conversation over something chocolate and not here on a blog. Call me. This was at Snow Lab. Where they make awesome concoctions from flavored fluffy af shaved ice!
8. THIS SONG. It just hit me in all the bitter-sweet spots. Especially around 2:20. I'M NOT CRYING YOU ARE. WHATEVER. This whole album is on repeat right now. The first song is also a flipping gem - it's a great morning getting ready song!
That's it for now! Consider this the official kick off for a weekly "Grateful 8" post.
THANK YOU! <3